Alpine iDA-X305S Pandora Internet Radio Ready Digital Media Receiver
Besides adding an “S” to the end of its model name, the new iDA-X305S is a real evolution of the previous model, adding Pandora Internet Radio support to the mix.
The iDA-X305S is able to control the Pandora app on a connected iPhone 3G or 3GS, streaming your user-created radio stations over a 3G data connection and out of your vehicle’s speakers. Users should be able to log in and access all of the Pandora app’s functions using the X305S’ 2.2-inch color display and double-action rotary encoder knob, including viewing album artwork and tracking metadata, changing stations, skipping tracks, giving a song the thumbs up and down, and bookmarking songs for later access.
iPhone users who are also Pandora users will be able to get a taste of Internet radio during their commutes when the Alpine iDA-X305S is released on 24th March 2010. Users can simply connect their iPhone via USB socket and the iDA-X305S plays Pandora stations from the app – simple as that.
Alpine also designed the iDA-X305S to make it easy to use an iPod in your car. The big jog dial in the middle works just like an iPod’s click wheel. Turn it a little to access Search mode, then scroll line-by-line. Turn and hold the knob to move to Alphabet Search mode – now you can scroll through the alphabet to blaze through your lists of artists, albums, or songs.
More details after the break!
- digital media receiver (no built-in CD player)
- built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays MP3, WMA, and AAC music files from external sources
- 2.2″ full-color TFT display
- detachable face
- iTunes tagging with Alpine’s optional TUA-T550 HD Radio™ tuner
- optional remote control
Pandora Internet Radio features
- works with Alpine’s free PandoraLink iPhone app
- controls for thumbs up/down, skip, pause, QuickSearch, plus tagging for purchasing in iTunes
- skip up to 6 songs per hour per station
- shows album art and song info on the screen
- direct USB connection for better sound than an auxiliary input
- 2-band parametric equalizer
- Burr-Brown 24-bit digital-to-analog converter
- compatible with Alpine’s PXA-H100 IMPRINT audio processor and KTX-H100 tuning kit
- iPod control: direct connection to USB input for newer iPods (older iPods will need Alpine’s KCE-422i interface cable)
- compatible with Alpine’s Bluetooth adapter, CD changer, etc
- inputs: rear USB input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer) — subwoofer output has bass level control