It takes quite something for a new product to take the aftermarket audio industry by storm, but that’s precisely what the Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB did when it was launched upon an unsuspecting public back in 2017.
Never one to rest on its technological laurels, Pioneer has wasted no time in unveiling an addition to the SPH range, the completely redesigned SPH-DA250DAB, an all-new mechafree player for 2020. Replacing the SPH-DA230DAB.
The SPH-DA250DAB’s older sibling, the SPH-DA120 (Now, SPH-DA130DAB), was the first headunit to debut Apple CarPlay connectivity technology, something that’s now very much an industry staple yet was nothing short of revolutionary back in 2015.
The SPH-DA250DAB definitely has its work cut out to step out from the shadow cast by its relation then, so it’s fortunate that this all new mechafree player is perhaps one of the most complete offerings on sale today, and that it continues its maker’s commitment to connectivity and forward looking tech.
- Large 6.8” Capacitive multi-touchscreen- Pioneer Clear Type Capacitive display panels are designed for beautiful crisp and detailed reproduction with enhanced visibility.
- Apple CarPlay. (wired USB connection)- smarter, safer and more fun way to use your iPhone® in the car. Apple CarPlay gives iPhone users an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, use Maps, listen to music, and access messages with just a word or a touch
- Android Auto (wired connection)-
- WebLink- The new WebLink app expands in-car entertainment with an amazing world of apps. Enjoy personalised music, videos, and other connected content powered by your phone and the cloud.
- Waze. (via Apple CarPlay / Wireless Mirroring)- Waze is a social GPS driving/navigation app that offers map, real-time traffic, and various other information for you to access on the large display of Pioneer compatible multimedia devices .
- DAB+ (Digital Radio Tick Mark Approved product)- Enjoy the convenience of listening to your favourite radio stations in crystal clear digital quality thanks to a built-in Digital Radio tuner.
- Bluetooth®- Obey local driving laws with built-in Bluetooth (HFP). Wide Band Speech hands-free calling, wireless audio streaming (A2DP) with artist, album, and song search, simple pairing, and control audio (AVRCP),
- Multi colour illumination- Match the display and key illumination to your vehicle’s interior lighting with a range of endless colour combinations.
- FLAC– Enjoy FLAC lossless digital audio files in your vehicle with playback output at CD quality, without the need to convert.
As you might expect given its predecessor, the SPH-DA230DAB majors on smartphone connectivity, and this is never more evident than when listening to music or navigating your way around.
The connection itself is made via a simple USB cable which allows access to a slew of your device’s most significant functions, including Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Spotify and, via AppRadio Mode, Waze.
A popular, community based navigational app, Waze is both accurate and intelligent, and its inclusion effectively turns the SPH-DA230DAB into a full blown navigation unit at no extra cost! Simply put, there has never been a Pioneer unit so adept at seamlessly synchronising your smartphone’s features as this.
Said Bluetooth receiver has also been overhauled and can now handle 2 separate smartphone connections at the same time, ideal for those with business and personal phones, and it enables hands-free calling and automatic phonebook transfer.
As you might have guessed from its name, the SPH-DA250DAB comes complete with an advanced DAB/DAB+ radio receiver. This of course allows access to the staggering variety of digital stations operating in the UK today, and will also stand users in good stead when the planned FM switch-off comes into force sometime in the next decade.
This unit will be landing here at Car Audio Centre March 2020!
If you need an install doing, please visit one of our stores