With the festive period nearly upon us, most of us will be considering some kind of car journey to see our family, friends, or maybe just a trip away. But with journeys long and short, there is always the chance of breaking down, getting lost or getting sick en-route. With this in mind, it is always worth keeping a driving kit in your car – full of all the essentials that you might need on your trip.
We’ve put together a list below of all the things you shouldn’t leave home without, no matter what time of year it is. And, as we are heading towards winter, we’ve added in a few winter essentials too.
In-Car Driving Essentials Kit
- Mobile Phone & Charger
- Warning Triangle
- Spare Bulbs
- First Aid Kit
- Road Map (printed)
- Sat Nav or printed route for navigation.
- Breakdown membership card/details
- Screen Wash
- Tow Rope & Jump Leads
- Bottled water (for drinking)
- Shovel & scrap of carpet or cardboard (to help you if you get stuck in the snow)
- Torch (plus spare batteries if required)
- Snow Chains (if you’re going to, or live in, an area that is likely to get a lot of snow that won’t be cleared)
All you need to do is put all these items in a hold-all and leave it in your boot, ready for when you need them!
Is there anything you’d add to this list? Let us know in the comments below!